Round 1 Application
Please note that only selected applicants from Round 1 will be asked to continue to Round 2 (the final round). Selected applicants will be contacted via phone or email with information on Round 2.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm March 17, 2017 in the following ways: by completing and submitting the on-line form below; by downloading the application Word doc and submitting the completed application via email; by downloading the application Word doc and sending the completed application via post. Please download the application for the details on how to submit on a Word document.
Start with Part 1 to determine your eligibility to apply for the Innovation Challenge. If so, please complete Part 2 to complete your on-line application. Good luck! We're excited to hear from you!
PART 1: DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY
In order to be eligible to apply for the Innovation Challenge, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions:
1. Are you 18 years of age or older?
2. Are you of Native American, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian decent?
3. Will your idea positively affect tribal lands in the Southwestern United States?
4. Are you already or are you willing to make a full-time commitment to the development of your idea?
5. Is your venture currently financially sustainable or do you have a way for it to become finically sustainable within 12 months? Please note that both for-profit and non-profit ideas and ventures may apply, but we do not consider donations and grants as financially sustainable income.
6. Can you read, write, and speak English sufficiently?
7. If you make it to the final round, will you able to attend Pitch Day in Tuba City, Arizona on June 2nd or June 9th 2017?
In order to be eligible you must be able to answer NO to the following questions.
1. Is your venture for a research project?
2. Is your venture for lobbying activities?
3. Is your venture for a faith-based initiative? In this context, faith-based implies that your venture is actively promoting a specific faith.